Friday, November 16, 2012

How I care for my face !

I think that following a good skincare regimen on a daily basis is essential for having a nice complexion. It's the very first step & maybe the most important to get that polished, radiant skin & prepare your face for glamourous war paint ! 

Despite what most beauty snobs (I've been one of them LOL) might think... there's no need to break the bank to take good care of your largest & most exposed organ !^_^

Chosing the right products for BOTH your skin & your wallet can be a little overwhelming at first so I thought that I'd share with you what I use for inspiration ! 

I mostly use really budget friendly drugstore products that you can find about anywhere :).

Let's talk about my skin... It's not dry, not oily either,I'm blessed with mostly clear skin BUT it's rather sensitive & always dehydrated ! 

I think that washing the face twice a day is good. Washing your face once a day is perfectly fine too especialy if you have dry skin that's easily uncomfortable BUT whatever you do ALWAYS wash you face at night ! 

During the night the cells are the most active & your skin regenerates itself so it's very important that it's free of make up & well moisturized :).

It will also prevent the apparition of clogged pores & blemishes. 

Onto the products now ! 

Make up removers : 

To remove heavy or waterproof eye make up without damaging the delicate skin around the eyes Sephora's waterproof make up remover is excellent ! It's oil based & you have to shake to mix the blue & clear part together before applying. I love to wear dramatic liner & smoky eyes & this makes taking everything off a breathe. Works fine with heavy red, dark lipsticks too ;)

***

To take off the rest of my make up or simply cleanse my face in the morning, I use Sephora's Triple Action cleansing water. I adore this product ! It does a great job at taking everything off your face & leaving it ready for your moisturizer without needing to rinse it off. It has a very mild, clean scent that never caused me itching or anything. The only downside is that it finishes up quite quickly... 


Onto Moisturizing products : 


These 3 are staples in my skincare kit ! Love them all & bought each of'em several times.

Olay Moisturizing Lotion is a GREAT & super cheap everyday moisturizing fluid that I particularly use during the summer. It has a very light & quickly absorbed texture that doesn't leave a greasy/shiny residue on the face. I use the fragrance free senstive skin one. It's very mild & does make your skin supple & soft. It might not be enough for dry skintype though. What I love it that it's a big container : twice the amount product of most drugstore cream for a VERY cheap price. 

***

Nivea Soft is a multi-purpose moisturizing cream with a fresh & fluffy texture. i use this EVERYWHERE ! Does a great job on both face & body & even on the ends of my hair to smooth it out ! I adore that one single product can be used in so many different ways. It's a great value because it comes in a big container too (there are 3 sizes I think). I'm a big fan of the classic Nivea care scent too... 

***

Sephora's Intensive Instant Moisturizer is pricier that the previous 2 but I think it's really an awesome product for very thirsty skins like mine. It's meant for dry skin & I use it more during the winter time. It has a pretty thick texture that melts onto the skin quickly & leaves the skin with a dry touch feel which I like luch better than overly greasy ones. It moisturizes VERY well & has a pleasant mild scent. It comes in the cuttest clear hot pink plastic container which I'm crazy about ! I love everything pink LOL ! I find it's a great base for foundation. 


Deep cleansing products : 


And then there's time(especially if you wear a lot of make up)  when a simple make up remover is not enough & the skin has to detox & breathe from everything she's been through ! 

***

St Ives mineral clay firming mask is just a regular clay mask which is good to cleanse the skin, tighten the pores & make the complexion more radiant. The color is a classic minty turquoise color that gives you that super hot Shrek look your man's crazy about ! This particular product has a slightly warming/tingling effect at first that I don't really like but I didn't have any bad reaction so that's fine. It makes my skin SUPER soft & smooth which I love. 

***
St Ives apricot scrub is an iconic beauty product & a staple in my bathroom. I use it on my face twice a week & once a week all over my body ! Exfoliating is VERY important no matter what your skin type is. Oily skins need it to deeply cleanse the pores & dry skins need it to activate the cells oxygen flow ! 
This product is SUPER SUPER cheap & it's the best scrub I've ever used ! Oh here's a tip : if you workout, exfoliate your skin during your post workout shower as your pores will be more "open" than usual : you'll have an even cleaner/smoother skin afterwards !;)
***

BiorĂ© pore cleaning strips is exactly what its name tells you. I use this maybe twice or once a month on my nose to get rid of blackheads & clogged pores that appear because of make up & sweat. It's not a gadget it really works & when you take it out you're like "wow I can't believe the stuff there were in my pores how gross" hahahaha ! 



Well... that was how I care for my face ! thank you for reading & I hope it can helps a few ^_^

Viola




1 comment:

  1. Link exchange is nothing else but it is only placing the other person's weblog link on your page at suitable place and other person will also do same for you. Feel free to surf to my page;
    corporate entertainment melbourne

    ReplyDelete